- 6:30 p.m.
- 4th Monday of:
- January - The January 2020 meeting will be held on Monday, January 27 at the Valley Library.
- March - The March 2020 meeting will be held on Monday, March 23.
- May - The May 2020 meeting will be held on Monday, May 18.
- July - The July 2020 meeting will be held on Monday, July 27.
- September - The September 2020 meeting will be held on Monday, September 28 at the Wildwood Library.
- November - The November 2020 meeting will be held on Monday, November 16.
- Library Administrative Office
8595 Central Park Place
Woodbury, MN 55125
- Meeting location may be subject to change
The meeting notice will be posted on the Library website and/or emailed to each member no less than four (4) days in advance of a meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
|Mary Burke||January 2020 - December 2022||1|
|Vacant||January 2018 - December 2020||2|
|Michael Reeves||January 2018 - December 2020||3|
|Shawn Foster-Huot ||January 2020 - December 2022||4|
|Tammy McCulloch||January 2019 - December 2021||5|
|Sunday Olayinka||January 2020 - December 2022||At large|
|David Olufson||January 2020 - December 2022||At large|
The Library Board consists of the following members, all of whom are residents of Washington County:
7 members appointed by the County Board of Commissioners consisting of:
- 1 citizen from each Commissioner District
- 2 citizens at large
- 1 County Commissioner appointed to serve ex officio by the County Board of Commissioners
The 7 members are appointed for 3-year terms. Library Board members may be appointed. All terms shall end with the fiscal year. Reference and follow Policy #6006.
The Library Board is authorized under 2005 Laws of Minnesota, Chapter 13, provide public library services to Washington County residents who live outside of Stillwater and Bayport, which operate city libraries. The Washington County Library Advisory Board is advisory to the Library Director who advises the Washington County Board of Commissioners, which is the governing board of the Library.
- Understands library goals
- Provide input on room policies
- Provides public support for the library
- Provide input on strategic plans
- Reviews materials reconsideration requests
- Provide input on capital improvement needs
- Supports budget requests
- Supports legislation that would bring about the greatest good to the greatest number of libraries
- Performs other duties as assigned by the County Board
This board operates in accordance with the operating procedures established by the county. Refer to Washington County, Advisory Committees, Boards and Commissions, Governance Policy #6006.
Policy #6006 Source
Minnesota Statues and/or County Board Resolution 80-131, 88-33, 88-120, 91-031, 94-044, 94-058, 94-107.
County Board Motion January 18, 1983
County Board Motion February 27, 1997
County Board Resolution #98-182, December 8, 1998
County Board Motion November 14, 2000
County Board Motion January 14, 2003
County Board Motion May 6, 2003
County Board Motion January 27, 2004
County Board Motion March 28, 2006
Policy #110 renumbered to #6006, June 2006
County Board Motion November 25, 2008
County Board Motion November 17, 2015