- I Want To...
- an External Program or Art Installation
External Program Request
Thank you for your interest in presenting a program at Washington County Library. Please review the information below and complete an External Program/Art Installation Request Form. Requests will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. The Library will contact you if there is interest in pursuing your request.
Mission and Vision
The Washington County Library provides free programs to patrons of all ages as an integral part of our mission.
Washington County Library Mission: Inspire Curiosity. Champion Innovation. Spark Opportunity.
County Vision: A great place to live, work and play – today and tomorrow
External Program or Art Installation Guidelines
The Washington County Library staff use the following criteria in making decisions about program topics and speakers:
- Relevance to community
- Popular demand
- Availability of space
- Treatment of content with respect to the intended audience
- Presentation quality
- Presenter qualifications
- Operational and budgetary limitations
- Historical and educational significance
- Connection to other community programs, exhibitions or events
- Relations to library collections, resources, exhibits and programs
- No solicitation or exchange of money or goods is allowed on library premises.
- Use of tobacco products and consumption of alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Library buildings are public facilities, as such all programs are free public programs.
- Presentation of a program or art installation at the Washington County Library shall not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the group, its policies or activities by the Washington County Library.
- All individuals and organizations requesting consideration must complete the External Program Request Form. All artists will be asked to sign a bailment waiver. The form must be received up to six months and a minimum of three months prior to suggested program date. Submission of an External Program Request form does not guarantee acceptance of a program.