Job and Career Resources
Washington County Library can help with all steps of your job search process!
Check out these new resources we've added to our collection to help you find your dream job, nail the interview, or rethink your career.
Stop by the Job Corner at R.H. Stafford Library for books and resources to help with your job search.
Job Search & InterviewsFind career information, get live interview coaching, and visit the annual job fair.
Find resources to help draft a great resume, or bring your resume to R.H. Stafford Library and receive a free 10 minute review.
CareerForce Assistance Available
CareerForce help is now available at Park Grove Library and Hardwood Creek Library! Visit during their desk hours to receive one-on-one job search support, help writing applications, cover letters, and resumes, assistance filing for unemployment, and more.
Park Grove Library
Tuesday: 1-3 p.m.
Thursday: 1-3 p.m.
Hardwood Creek Library
Monday: 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Starting Your Wordpress Website, Part 1
Ready to get started building your Wordpress website? This class will teach you how to start off by crafting a site map to plan the structure of your website. You will then be taken through the steps of creating site users, your home page and internal pages, as well as building a menu. then learn how to add text and images and design your header and footer. This workshop, hosted by Washington County Library and funded by MELSA, will be presented by Keer Keer Creative. It will be available to watch through October 21, 2021.
Starting Your Wordpress Website, Part 2
Continue to update your website by learning some customization techniques and by adding a Contact Page. Look at form software options for a Contact For on the Contact page. Also learn how to add a Google map to the Contact page. Complete your site by learning how to add PDF files to your website and connecting your website to social media. This workshop, hosted by Washington County Library and funded by MELSA, was presented by Keer Keer Creative. It will be available to watch through Friday, October 28.
JobLearn Workplace Skills
• Improve and learn new skills with LinkedIn Learning
• Prepare for career exams on LearningExpress Library
• Match your interests to a career with CareerForce Interest Profiler
Job Search and Interviews
• Get live interview coaching via JobNow
• Explore the Occupational Outlook Handbook
• Find career information via Career & Education Explorer
• Perform market research with Data Axle Reference Solutions (formerly ReferenceUSA)
• Receive help from a resume expert via JobNow
• Search catalog for resume books
• Participate in a free resume review at R.H. Stafford Library
Job Corner and Other Resources
• Visit R.H. Stafford Library for books and resources to help with your job search.
• Search for career books in our catalog
• NorthEast Metro Career Guide for students and young adults