Job and Career Resources
Washington County Library can help with all steps of your job search process!
Check out these new resources we've added to our collection to help you find your dream job, nail the interview, or rethink your career.
Lynda is becoming LinkedIn Learning
On Wednesday, March 17, Lynda.com will officially migrate to LinkedIn Learning. Users will gain access to more than 16,000 courses in 7 languages, accessible for free using your library card number and PIN.
If you're a current Lynda.com user, there's nothing you need to do to prepare for this change. Your user history will migrate to your new LinkedIn Learning account using your current library card number and PIN.
Beginning March 18, there will be a new link on our website to access your account at LinkedIn Learning. At that time, the LinkedIn Learning mobile app will not work for library users. If you would like to access content on your phone, you should use your mobile web browser.
For more information, check out these FAQs from LinkedIn Learning or reach out to a librarian at your local branch.
Stop by the Job Corner at R.H. Stafford Library for books and resources to help with your job search.
Job Search & InterviewsFind career information, get live interview coaching, and visit the annual job fair.
Find resources to help draft a great resume, or bring your resume to R.H. Stafford Library and receive a free 10 minute review.
Video: Measuring the Success of Your Website
After setting up your website or blog this class will introduce you to methods for measuring the success of your website outreach. Set goals and learn about the functionality of Google Analytics in measuring your website success. Then learn more about examining your demographic data, considering targeted marketing after data collection, social media outreach, and newletters to boost customer engagement.
This workshop, hosted by Washington County Library and funded by MELSA, is presented by Keer Keer Creative. It will be available to view online until March 10, 2021.
Access the Cell-Ed App for free!
Get access to the Cell-Ed app, for free, through Washington County Library!
Gain key skills to help you apply for jobs and communicate effectively at work. Or, build key skills by practicing reading, writing, social studies, and math.
To start using the app:
- Open the app store on your device. Search for "Cell-Ed."
- Open the app and set up an account. You will need to provide a cellphone number and create a password.
- Enter the pin number "6172" to gain free access through Washington County Library.
- Explore lessons and begin learning!
Questions? Visit your local library or contact us.
JobLearn Workplace Skills
• Improve and learn new skills with Lynda.com
• Prepare for career exams on LearningExpress Library
• Match your interests to a career with CareerForce Interest Profiler
Job Search and Interviews
• Get live interview coaching via JobNow
• Explore the Occupational Outlook Handbook
• Find career information via Career & Education Explorer
• Perform market research with ReferenceUSA
• Receive help from a resume expert via JobNow
• Search catalog for resume books
• Participate in a free resume review at R.H. Stafford Library
Job Corner and Other Resources
• Visit R.H. Stafford Library for books and resources to help with your job search.
• Search for career books in our catalog
• NorthEast Metro Career Guide for students and young adults