Washington County Library branches are open with limited capacity and reduced hours. Current hours are:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Library visitors can come to our buildings to pick up holds, browse materials, and use computers without an appointment. Our meeting rooms will remain closed.
Following guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health and our local public health department, we’ll be taking the following safety precautions:
- Masks – All library visitors and staff are required to wear a mask or face covering.
- Timing – Keep your library visit to one hour or less.
- Social Distancing – Keep at least six feet between yourself, library staff, and other visitors. Avoid gathering in large groups. A limited number of computers, tables, and chairs will be available to use.
- Building Capacity – A limited number of people will be able enter the library at one time. This means you may be asked to wait outside the building for a short time until it is safe to enter.
- Cleaning – We’re increasing cleaning throughout the library, including high-touch surfaces. Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes are available for use.
We know that the library will look a little different when we first reopen, but these adjustments will help us keep our staff and our neighbors safe while still reopening for the communities we miss so much.
Please be advised: We are not disinfecting materials being returned to the library. If you have concerns, consider washing your hands after handling or quarantine your materials for three days at home.
Visiting the Library
To ensure the safety of staff and visitors, the services available at the library will be different when we reopen. Here’s what you can expect:
Library computers can be used without an appointment. To maintain social distancing, a limited number of computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Computer sessions are one hour long.
Printers and scanners will be available. If you are scanning documents, please bring your own flash drive. Staff can only provide assistance from a distance for these services. Please bring exact change. We cannot process credit cards for printing fees, and staff will not be able to provide change. Learn more about wireless printing.
Our meeting rooms are closed and not available to be reserved by the public.
At this time, we will not have toys or games out in our children’s areas.
Indoor programs are cancelled until further notice. Library staff are providing online programs and some outdoor gatherings following local and state guidance. Find a full list of events on our calendar.
Due to ongoing changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be modifying or limiting some existing library services. Learn more about changes below:
We are offering a limited number of curbside pickup appointments for vulnerable members of the community who cannot safely enter our buildings. Curbside pickup appointments must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
We are not accepting book donations or conducting used book sales at this time.
Library staff cannot accept cash for payments of fines and fees. Fees can be paid online. Washington County Library does not charge daily fines for late materials.
Interlibrary loan (ILL) services will resume on August 3, 2020. Beginning on that date, you can request up to 5 items at a time.
Pending ILL requests may have been cancelled due to COVID-19. Please log in to your MNLink account to see the status of your requests and to check due dates for borrowed materials.