Washington County Library branches are currently open with limited capacity and reduced hours. Visit the library for up to an hour to browse materials, pick up holds, and use a computer.
Please keep your visit short, wear a mask, and follow social distancing guidelines.
Following guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health and our local public health department, we are taking the following safety precautions:
- Masks – Library visitors and staff are required to wear a mask or face covering at all times.
- No Eating - Food is not allowed in the library.
- Timing – We recommend keeping your library visit to one hour.
- Meeting Rooms - Some meeting rooms are open with limited capacity.
- Social Distancing – Keep at least six feet between yourself, library staff, and other visitors. Avoid gathering in large groups. A limited number of computers, tables, and chairs will be available to use.
- Building Capacity – A limited number of people will be able enter the library at one time. This means you may be asked to wait outside the building for a short time until it is safe to enter.
- Cleaning – We’re increasing cleaning throughout the library, including high-touch surfaces. Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes are available for use.
Please be advised: We are not disinfecting materials being returned to the library. If you have concerns, consider washing your hands after handling or quarantine your materials for three days at home.
Visiting the Library
To ensure the safety of staff and visitors, the library services have been modified. Here’s what you can expect:
Library computers can be used without an appointment. To maintain social distancing, a limited number of computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Printers and scanners will be available. If you are scanning documents, please bring your own flash drive. Staff can only provide assistance from a distance for these services. Please bring exact change. We cannot process credit cards for printing fees, and staff will not be able to provide change. Learn more about wireless printing.
Some meeting rooms are open with limited capacity. Please wear a mask while using library meeting rooms. Meeting rooms may not be cleaned in between each use. Sanitizing wipes are available at the front desk of each branch. Learn more and book a room.
If you need access to the internet, we now have Wi-Fi hotspots and Chromebook kits available for check out to use outside of the library.
At this time, we will not have toys or games out in our children’s areas.
Indoor programs are cancelled until further notice. Library staff are providing online programs and some outdoor gatherings following local and state guidance. Find a full list of events on our calendar.
Due to ongoing changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be modifying or limiting some existing library services. Learn more about changes below:
We are offering a limited number of curbside pickup appointments for vulnerable members of the community who cannot safely enter our buildings. Curbside pickup appointments must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
Not all Washington County Library branches are currently accepting donations or conducting used book sales. Please contact your library branch directly before making a donation.
Fines and fees can be paid online or with cash payment by visiting your local library branch. Washington County Library does not charge daily fines for late materials.
Interlibrary loan (ILL) services will resume on August 3, 2020. Beginning on that date, you can request up to 5 items at a time.
Pending ILL requests may have been cancelled due to COVID-19. Please log in to your MNLink account to see the status of your requests and to check due dates for borrowed materials.