All Washington County Library branches are open! Visit the library to browse materials, pick up holds, use a computer, and more.
Masks are currently required for all vaccinated and unvaccinated staff and visitors over the age of two. Washington County is following CDC guidance that masks be worn indoors in communities experiencing a substantial level of COVID-19 transmission.
- Disposable masks will be available at all libraries and other public service locations.
- The requirement will remain in place until the county is no longer experiencing substantial rates of transmission, as defined by the CDC, or earlier if the guidance changes.
Learn more about Washington County's COVID-19 response.
Following guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health and our local public health department, we are taking the following safety precautions:
- Masks – Masks are currently required for all vaccinated and unvaccinated visitors over the age of two.
- Cleaning – We’re increasing cleaning throughout the library, including high-touch surfaces. Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes are available for use.
If you are feeling ill or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 and need to stay home, you can still connect with the library through virtual programs, email and online chat, or curbside pickup.
Visiting the Library
Some library services have been modified to ensure the safety of staff and visitors. Here’s what you can expect:
Library computers can be used without an appointment and without time limits. Printers and scanners are available. If you are scanning documents, please bring your own flash drive. Learn more about wireless printing.
Meeting rooms are open without capacity restrictions. Meeting rooms are not cleaned in between each use. Sanitizing wipes are available at the front desk of each branch. Learn more and book a room.
If you need access to the internet, we now have Wi-Fi hotspots and Chromebook kits available for check out to use outside of the library.
Children's areas are open and some toys are available to play with. Toys are not cleaned in between each use. Sanitizing wipes are available at the front desk of each branch.
Library staff are providing online, outdoor, and in person programs following local and state guidance. For the safety of visitors who cannot be vaccinated:
- Indoor programs are being offered with limited capacities.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is required between each person or family group.
- Masks are required for all participants, except children under 2. Caregivers are required to wear masks at children's programs.
Find a full list of events on our calendar.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be modifying or limiting some existing library services. Learn more about changes below:
A limited number of curbside pickup appointments are available to pick up holds without entering our buildings. Curbside pickup appointments must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
Not all Washington County Library branches are currently accepting donations or conducting used book sales. Please contact your library branch directly before making a donation.
Fines and fees can be paid online or with cash payment by visiting your local library branch. Washington County Library does not charge daily fines for late materials.