Washington County Library branches are currently closed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are providing modified services with reduced hours of operation:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 12 - 7 p.m.
Library staff are available to help!
Contact us by phone, email, or chat for help answering questions and accessing library resources.
All Washington County Library branches are now offering computer appointments. Appointments are one hour only and must be set up in advance.
Pick up library materials
You can continue to place holds as usual in our catalog or mobile app. There are a few options available to pick up materials:
- Schedule a future curbside pick up at one of our branch locations.
- Use the Library Express lockers to pick up your materials.
The Mahtomedi District Education Center is closed until further notice. Items on hold there will be available at Lake Elmo Library for curbside pickup or can be routed to the library of your choice.
- Due dates for all checked-out materials are extended to June 15, 2020. This includes InterLibrary Loan (ILL) items.
- All fines incurred during this period will be waived.
- Electronic materials like ebooks and digital audiobooks are returned automatically on their due date, but please consider returning them when you are finished so they can be available for others.
InterLibrary loan services are unavailable until further notice. Due dates for all currently checked-out ILL items are extended to June 15. You can still login to your MNlink account, but you’ll be unable to make a request at this time.
- Download eBooks and digital audiobooks through cloudLibrary, RBdigital, and Libby
- Download digital magazines through RBdigital
- Watch and read along with video storybooks through BookFlix
- Access online tutoring with Homework HelpNow
- Practice language skills with Transparent Language
Other library closures
Hours and services at associate libraries may differ. Please find additional information on their website.