Author or Book Talk Request
Thank you for your interest in presenting a program at Washington County Library. Please review the information below and complete an Author/Book Talk Request Form. Requests will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. The Library will contact you if there is interest in pursuing your request.
Mission and Vision
The Washington County Library provides free programs to patrons of all ages as an integral part of our mission.
Washington County Library Mission: Inspire Curiosity. Champion Innovation. Spark Opportunity.
County Vision: A great place to live, work and play – today and tomorrow
Library Author/Book Talk Guidelines
The Washington County Public Library staff use the following criteria in making decisions about Author/Book Talks, if your book meets this criteria please fill out the Author/Book Talk Request Form.
- Your book must be in the Washington County Collection as purchased by collection development staff.
- To submit your book to the collections department for consideration please follow the instructions in the FAQ under “37. How do I sell my book to the Library?”
- No solicitation or exchange of money or goods is allowed on library premises.
- Books signed and for sale from author may be sold.
- Use of tobacco products and consumption of alcoholic beverages are not permitted. Library buildings are public facilities, as such all programs are free public programs.
- Presentation of a program at the Washington County Library shall not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the group, its policies or activities by the Washington County Library.
- Submission of an Author/Book Talk Request Form does not guarantee acceptance of a program.
- Any materials (books) submitted to the library will follow the donating materials procedures as listed on our FAQ under “36. How do I donate books to the library?”