A Library Card
Most individuals who live in or pay library property taxes to Washington County are eligible for a free library card. Your library card is accepted at all Washington County Library and Library Express locations, Washington County Law Library, Stillwater Public Library, and Bayport Public Library.
Get a library card
- Provide proof of your current address at any library to get a library card.
- Individuals with library cards issued by any Regional Library System in Minnesota may register and enjoy borrowing privileges.
- Non-Minnesota residents or individuals who do not have cards issued by a Regional Library System in Minnesota may purchase an annual Washington County Library card for $60.
Patrons can choose from six unique library card designs. Each includes a keytag version for convenience.
If you have the plain, white card you can trade it in for a new design. Library staff will make sure your barcode carries over to the new card, so there’s no need to re-enter that information in any Washington County Library resources. Happy with your white card? No problem! It still works at any Washington County Library location, online at WashCoLib.org, and at participating Regional Library Systems.
If you lose your library card, there is a $3 replacement fee.
Swap your card for a new design
- Bring your white Washington County Library card to any library location
- Stop by the desk to pick out a new card
- Library staff will transfer your barcode to the new card (except at Stillwater, Bayport, or the Law Library).
- Give your old card to the library staff and start using your new one!
Non-profit organizations, government units, civic organizations, and businesses in Washington County can get an institutional library card that is good for one year. Two types of institutional library card are available: full borrowing privilege card or e-card. The full borrowing privilege card allows an institution to borrow library materials and access digital resources, such as e-books, e-audiobooks, digital magazines and subscription databases. Organizations that want an institutional library card must send a letter of request on their letterhead to:
Washington County Library
Attn: Institutional Library Cards
8595 Central Park Place
Woodbury, MN 55125
Please include a signature from a representative of the organization and say which kind of card is being requested. By making the request, the organization accepts responsibility for all use made of the card(s).